Don't feed the troll...

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 15:54:26 EDT 2013

On 06/15/2013 12:18 PM, rusi wrote:
> On Jun 15, 10:52 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
> +comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 10:36:00 -0700, rusi wrote:
>> > With you as our spamming-guru, Onward! Sky is the limit!
>>
>> If you're going to continue making unproductive, off-topic, inflammatory
>> posts that prolong these already excessively large threads, Nikos won't
>> be the only one kill-filed.
>
> At least two people -- Alex and Antoon -- have told you that by
> supporting Nikos, when everyone else wants him off list, you are part
> of the problem.

Nikos is only secondarily the problem, Steven not at all.

The primary problem is a (relatively small) number of people
who respond to every post by Nikos with a barrage of insults,
demands, (what they think are) witty repartee, hints intended
to "make" Nikos learn something, useless (to Nikos) links,
new threads to discuss the "Nikos problem", and other trash
that is far more obnoxious that anything Nikos posts and just
serves to egg him on.

Steven's advice on how to deal with Nikos was probably the
most sensible thing I've seen posted here on the subject.

I suggest that if you can and want to answer Nikos' question,
do so directly and with a serious attempt address what it is
he seems not to get,
 or
killfile him and shut the fuck up.

>[...]
> Everyone is exasperated and talking of kill-filing him.

Don't be silly.  You don't know what "everyone" (the vast
majority of whom read and don't post) here think.