Don't feed the troll...

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sat Jun 15 07:58:27 EDT 2013

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:29:35 +1000
Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Bah. Plenty of us like both. In the inbox alerts me that someone
> > replied to _my_ post, and in the python mail gets it nicely
> > threaded.
>
> Your mail client doesn't alert you to a message addressed to you?

Every message in my mailbox is addressed to me otherwise I wouldn't
get it.  Do you mean the To: line?  Which address?  I have about a
dozen addresses not counting the plus sign addresses like the one you
use for this list. Which one should I treat as special?

> > Sorry, I could have sworn you said you weren't using a mail client
> > for this...
>
> As I already said, this is demonstrating the fact that “reply to all”
> is broken even for the use case of participating via email.

As the person who proposed this I would like to point out that I never
suggested "reply to all”.  I suggested including the poster that you
are replying to.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.