Python Game Development?

letsplaysforu at gmail.com letsplaysforu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 11:53:03 EDT 2013

I was planning on making a small 2D game in Python. Are there any libraries for this? I know of:

• Pygame - As far as I know it's dead and has been for almost a year
• PyOgre - Linux and Windows only(I do have those, but I want multi-platform)
• Cocos2D - Won't install and cant find any support
• PyCap - Can't find any documentation
• Panda3D - Dead since 2011 + overkill for what I need
• PyOpenGL - Overkill

Any help on what to do with this would be appreciated. I am making games mainly in Lua but I'd like to make one in Python for fun. I also understand that Python isn't exactly the *BEST* choice programming a game, but I have heard it is possible. Tell me if it's true. Thanks!