Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Heiko Wundram modelnine at modelnine.org
Wed Jun 5 05:04:15 EDT 2013

Am 05.06.2013 10:53, schrieb Νικόλαος Κούρας:
> I ALSO HAVE GIVEN ROOT ACCESS TO ANOTHER MEMBER OF THIS LIST AND HE IN FACT TRIED TO HELP ME INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT YOU DID. AND FROM 2 OTHER PEOPLE AS SOME OTHER FORUMS TOO.

You know what you're saying there? You've given (at least) four people
you don't know at all (you know, on the internet nobody knows you're a
dog and stuff) - and as such shouldn't trust them at all, either - free
and full admission to a system that critical for you. That's like
handing out keys to the front door of your home to any passer-by on the
street who you feel like talking to - and then later wondering why your
belongings are suddenly gone.

Seeing how riled up you get about this, what Chris did is for the
better. At least it seems that you won't be able to change your root
password back, either, and as such you won't have root access anymore to
your system for the time being, which makes your system and the
internets a safer place for now.

--
--- Heiko.