Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Νικόλαος Κούρας nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 06:12:41 EDT 2013

I think i'll do a "chmod 666 /var/log/httpd/suexec.log" and see if the error goes away.

I think what the problem is, i have the owner and group as root:root with
read/write permissions, but apache is likely owned by something else
(www:www or apache:webservd).

So either i'll have to change the group ownership of the log file to the group apache is running as or change the log file to world read/write, which isn't safe since other people log into the box, but is generally harmless i think with log files.

Checking the permissions of /var/log/httpd directory itself:

nikos at superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# ls -ld /var/log/httpd/
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Jun  1 02:52 /var/log/httpd//

Is that a problem?

http != Apache ?

i'm still confused about what is:
'/var/log/httpd' and what is '/usr/local/Apache'

Is seems like this is the same service runnign twice under different names.