Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 03:51:02 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/03/2013 05:33 PM, Carlos Nepomuceno wrote:
>> I did a httpd 'make install' on CentOS 6 and it worked fine. Needed a
>> few tweaks that I don't remember though.
>>
>> If you don't have any previous experience with Apache httpd settings
>> I wouldn't try that on a production server.
>
> Precisely.  Given his experience levels, installing httpd from source is
> recipe for disaster.  He's now going to have to track security flaw
> reports manually, try to figure out which ones apply to him, and keep
> his apache up to date.  I can't think of anything he'd need in Apache
> that's not in the CentOS packages.  I've sys-admined for years and I've
> never ever needed an Apache outside out of the repos.  Sometimes I
> needed other things I had to build from source, but never apache.

Agreed. I'm a Debian guy rather than Red Hat, and by comparison Debian
changes with every gust of wind, but the same applies. There's little
reason to build most things from source; take advantage of the massive
testing that's been done! Of course, there will be times when the
version in the repo is just too old, but that's never been the case
for me with Apache.

ChrisA