Python toplevel in a Web page

Giorgos Tzampanakis giorgos.tzampanakis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 10:43:08 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-30, Franck Ditter wrote:

> Hello,
> I wonder if I can find some source code example
> of a Python 3 toplevel box in a Web page.
> Something simple, no mySQL, no Django hammer, etc.
> Just the basics of the technology to get the
> content of a small text editor in which the user
> writes some Python script, to be analyzed (eval'ed)
> then whose result is to be written in another text box.
> Simple, pythonistic.
> Thanks for the pointer,
>
>     franck

Just set up a webpage with a text area that sends its content as a POST
request to the server where a cgi script will invoke python to run the
script and respond with the output.

Do you trust all possible users of this application? If not, you should
make sure that the python interpreter is running in a sandbox.

--
Real (i.e. statistical) tennis and snooker player rankings and ratings:
http://www.statsfair.com/