Pyglet on Python3.x, problems

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 29 20:47:40 EDT 2013

Grrrr.  Ian, thank you, you gave me a clue.  I thought I was being careful about avoiding local imports.  I just removed the tests directory from inside the pyglet-1.2alpha1 directory and tried running it from its new location.  That got rid of the error message which was displaying uncorrected Python 2.x code, and now I am running tests.

I'm getting one problem.  After a few tests run, I can't close a window.  I am normally closing each interactive test with the ESC key.  But when that fails I try clicking with the mouse.  This also fails.  This broken behavior appears to be triggered when the window created by pyglet overlaps my terminal window and thereby steals the focus.  Any idea why that might be happening?

The GIF problem in animation.py persists in Python 3.3.  I tried it in Python 2 as you suggested, and it works there.  Odd.