PEP8 79 char max

Marcelo MD lists.md at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:45:17 EDT 2013

> In my experience, aligning columns in large tables reduces maintence
> cost by making it much easier/faster to see what you've got and by
> providing a way to visually "prompt" you for the correct value in the
> correct place when you add new lines.

Works great until one of the values changes in size. Say:
bla = (
....1.0, 1.1, 1.2,
....2.0, 2.1, 2.2,
....3.0, 2.1, 3.2,
)

And one day you have to change '2.1' to '2.09999':
bla = (
....1.0, 1.1, 1.2,
....2.0, 2.09999, 2.2,
....3.0, 2.1, 3.2,
)

If this happens more than once ( or twice, because I'm patient =)),
maintaining the alignment becomes a chore. So I only align columns if I'm
typing a table I know won't change.

--
Marcelo Mallmann Dias