PEP8 79 char max

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 30 13:52:31 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-30, Joshua Landau <joshua at landau.ws> wrote:
> On 30 July 2013 18:08, Vito De Tullio <vito.detullio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ed Leafe wrote:
>>
>> > I had read about a developer who switched to using proportional fonts for
>> > coding, and somewhat skeptically, tried it out. After a day or so it
>> > stopped looking strange, and after a week it seemed so much easier to
>> > read.
>>
>> By my (limited) experience with proportional fonts, they can be useful only
>> with something like elastic tabstops[0]. But, as a general rule, I simply
>> found more "squared" to just use a fixed-width font.
>>

> Not if you give up on the whole "aligning" thing.

You don't think that Python code at a given level should all be
aligned?  I find it very helpful when a given block of code is
visually left-aligned.

I also find intializers for tables of data to be much more easily read
and maintained if the columns can be aligned.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! MMM-MM!!  So THIS is
                                  at               BIO-NEBULATION!