PEP8 79 char max

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 29 17:42:48 EDT 2013

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:24:51 -0400, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:

> So, I can have a script with large lines and not negatively influence
> performance on systems that do not use punch cards?

You'll negatively influence anyone who has to read, or edit, your code.
Very likely including you.

But no, there's no meaningful performance difference based on line
length. Interpreting the source code is not meaningfully affected by line
length, and by the time the code is compiled and then run, line length is
irrelevant.

--
Steven