Thread is somehow interfering with a while loop called after the thread is started

dan.h.mcinerney at gmail.com dan.h.mcinerney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 22:29:53 EDT 2013

I have a simple scapy + nfqueue dns spoofing script that I want to turn into a thread within a larger program:

http://www.bpaste.net/show/HrlfvmUBDA3rjPQdLmdp/

Below is my attempt to thread the program above. Somehow, the only way the while loop actually prints "running" is if the callback function is called consistently. If the callback function isn't started, the script will never print "running". How can that be if the while loop is AFTER the thread was started? Shouldn't the while loop and the thread operate independantly?

http://bpaste.net/show/0aCxSsSW7yHcQ7EBLctI/