PyQt5 and virtualenv problem

D. Xenakis gouzounakis at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 22:36:08 EDT 2013

Could you help me install PyQt5 properly in my Virtualenv folder and not only globally?

I tried installing PyQt5 and sip with the use of pip but i was getting errors all the time (Why is that? Are there any known pip issues along with PyQt5 and sip?), so in the end i had to install it with the installer provided from the official riverbank website.
However now, everytime i create a virtual enviroment, PyQT5 or sip package is not included there and i dont know how to solve this problem either.

I tried applying this fix: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1961997/is-it-possible-to-add-pyqt4-pyside-packages-on-a-virtualenv-sandbox , but i do not know if i have done things right.
I can import PyQt5 and pip packages from within python console without any errors being showed (both globaly and inside my virtuall enviroment), so i could assume i did all ok.
But should this confirmation be enough for me or is there any other way i could confirm that everything is indeed properly installed?

I noticed that in start menu - programs, a new folder named "PyQt GPL v5.0 for Python v3.3 (x64)" had been created after the installation, where someone can find view PyQt examples and a PyQT Examples module which starts an application.
Big question now..

Everytime i run PyQt Examples module from within global IDLE, everything works ok and then again when i close the application, this appears:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python33\Lib\site-packages\PyQt5\examples\qtdemo\qtdemo.pyw", line 91, in <module>
    sys.exit(app.exec_())
SystemExit: 0

However, everytime i run PyQt Examples module from within virtual env IDLE, nothing happends.

So as you can undertand, this is why i believe i have not installed properly PyQt5 or sip
**(I start virtual env IDLE using this shortcut ""..path..\Python\Python Projects\PriceTAG Grabber\env\Scripts\pythonw.exe" C:\Python33\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw")

I know i may have asked too many questions in just a single topic, but all im trying to achieve here is to be sure that PyQt5 and virtual env are working fine.

Thx for your time in advance