virtualenv problem

D. Xenakis gouzounakis at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 08:25:13 EDT 2013

Yeah trying to run virtualenv under IDLE was a desperate move as i couldnt make anything work under cmd.

Apparently my problem was that i did not have correctly setup the new path..

Solution for me was the following from "http://forums.udacity.com/questions/100064678/pip-installation-instructions"

..We want to add that directory to your Path environment variable. Path is a list of directories where your OS looks for executable files. You will need to change the directory if you installed Python in a non-default location.

user", and click edit.

b. Add ;C:\Python33\Scripts\ and ;C:\Python33\ (no spaces after the previous entry, ';' is the delimiter) to the end of variable value, then click ok. You should not be erasing anything, just adding to what's already there.

This just makes it so we don't have to type the full path name whenever we want to run pip or other programs in those directories.
"C:\Python33\Scripts\" is the one we want now, but "C:\Python33\" might be useful for you in the future.

Restart your computer.