Simple Python script as SMTP server for outgoing e-mails?

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 16:53:07 EDT 2013

	[Cross-posting to news:comp.mail.misc.]

 >> What you're looking for is not an SMTP server but a Mail Transfer
 >> Agent, called an MTA.

[...]

 >> Dennis is correct, though, that most ISPs do block outbound port 25
 >> connections for security and spam reasons, and require you to use
 >> their SMTP server, which precludes the use of the local MTA.

 > I'm not sure my ISP blocks outbound port 25 connections.  I'll
 > experiment with a small Linux box.

	There's yet another issue: certain email "operators" may block
	/inbound/ port 25 connections from ISP "customer" networks.

 > I wist they would use a smarter SPAM filter that wouldn't flag
 > perfectly legit-looking outgoing e-mails.

	FWIW, it may also be possible to use an email service (such as
	Google Mail) provided by a third-party.

--
FSF associate member #7257