Play Ogg Files

Devyn Collier Johnson devyncjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 09:04:29 EDT 2013

On 07/21/2013 01:50 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM, David Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> With linux you can have your package listed in synaptic, and can use with a
>> sudo apt-get install whatever ogg player like ogg123, and windows I don't
>> work with that much, but I'm pretty sure I've played .wav files from the
>> command line before while working with cross platform just for practice, so
>> with python 3 you can use what's available in the system with an if command.
> Correction: "With Debian-based Linux distributions, you can etc etc" -
> aptitude is Debian's package manager, it's not something you'll find
> on other Linuxes. And the exact packages available depend on your
> repositories; again, most Debian-derived Linux distros will most
> likely have ogg123, but it's not guaranteed. However, it's reasonably
> likely that other package managers and repositories will have what
> you're looking for.
>
> ChrisA
Good point, Chris. I do not want to make coding specifically for each
package manager for many of the different distros. I follow the KISS
princlple (Keep It Simple Stupid) when programming. Making a
cross-platform/universal way to play an ogg file is better than being
specific for each individual system.

Remember KISS.

Mahalo,

DCJ