What does it take to implement a chat system in Python (Not asking for code just advice before I start my little project)

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Jul 18 09:00:43 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-18, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Aseem Bansal <asmbansal2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> @vikash agrawal
>>
>> About GUI I discussed it at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!starred/comp.lang.python/M-Dy2pyWRfM and I am thinking about using PySide 1.2 for clients of chat system. I think I'll need downloadable clients if I want to make something like google talk. Then I'll need to implement server side programming also. I think google app engine would be suitable for this as it is going to be always online.
>
> Hrm. Rather than pointing people to Google Groups, which a number here
> (and not unreasonably) detest, you may want to link to the python-list
> archive:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-July/thread.html#651359

While that's the canonical archive, the UI is awful.  I find gmane's
web UI to be _far_ more friendly and useful than the pipermail archive
UI:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/737271/

 1) The search facility sort-of works (though using google with
    site:gmane.org:/gmane.comp.python usually works better).

 2) You can post from the gmane web UI.

 3) It offers both a threaded and a flat, blog-like version.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! We just joined the
                                  at               civil hair patrol!