What does it take to implement a chat system in Python (Not asking for code just advice before I start my little project)

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Jul 18 14:02:50 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-18, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> 18.07.13 20:04, Terry Reedy ??????????????(????):
>> On 7/18/2013 3:29 AM, Aseem Bansal wrote:
>>> About reading comp.lang.python can you suggest how to read it and
>>> reply?
>>
>> To read this list as a newsgroup use news.gmane.org. The difference
>> between the mailing list interface and newsgroup interface is that the
>> latter automatically segregates messages by group and only downloads the
>> messages you want to read. Gmane is also a better way to search the
>> archive.
>
> Also newsgroup interface allow you reply to messages that have already
> been posted before your subscription.

Indeed.  I read about 20 mailing lists by pointing a newsreader (I use
slrn) at gmane.org.  I find it to take far less effort than actualling
having all of those messages actually sent to me.  For _some_ of the
gmane groups/lists you will actually have to subscribe to the mailing
list in question if you want to be allowed to post messages -- but in
your account settings for that mailing list server you can turn off
delivery, so that it doesn't actually send you any of the postings.

I really can't recommend gmane.org highly enough.

[I don't actually read the python list using gmane.org, since I've
read it from a Usenet news server via the group comp.lang.python since
long before I discovered gmane.org.]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Not SENSUOUS ... only
                                  at               "FROLICSOME" ... and in