What does it take to implement a chat system in Python (Not asking for code just advice before I start my little project)

Andrew Berg robotsondrugs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 02:49:13 EDT 2013

On 2013.07.18 01:36, Aseem Bansal wrote:
> I learnt Python myself and everyone told me that Python 2 is status quo so I learned Python 2 and have been working with it. I am just 1.5 months in Python programming so should I consider switching to Python 3 if it helps with new things or should I stick with Python 2 to get a taste of what is currently out there?
Python 2 is what some people are stuck with because their projects depend on huge libraries that have not yet made all their code compatible
with Python 3 (or on libraries that are not actively maintained or are being replaced by something else). All new code and new Python users
should be using Python 3 unless there is a pressing need for a library that requires Python 2.
Most popular libraries at this point have either been made compatible or have been replaced by something that supports Python 3. Python 3 is
no longer the shiny new thing to look at in the future - 3.0 was released in December 2008.

--
CPython 3.3.2 | Windows NT 6.2.9200 / FreeBSD 9.1