What does it take to implement a chat system in Python (Not asking for code just advice before I start my little project)

Aseem Bansal asmbansal2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 02:36:13 EDT 2013

@Chris Angelico

Thanks. That cleared many doubts and your suggestions would definitely be useful.

I am asking the next paragraph because you said about Python 3 helping with things. I am not looking for a debate or anything just a opinion.

I learnt Python myself and everyone told me that Python 2 is status quo so I learned Python 2 and have been working with it. I am just 1.5 months in Python programming so should I consider switching to Python 3 if it helps with new things or should I stick with Python 2 to get a taste of what is currently out there?

About Pike, thanks for the heads up. But for now I'll use Python. I wanted to learn Python through this project. I'll leave Pike for later. Maybe Phase 1.5.

Aren't you guys posting in google groups? I thought you were because I can see your posts here. How do I post in python mailing list and see its archives instead of posting on google groups?