RE Module Performance

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 15 08:36:13 EDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 06:06:06 -0400, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:

> On 07/14/2013 02:17 PM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
[...]
>> Do we want volunteers to speed up
>> search operations in the string module in Python?
>
> It would be nice if someone could speed it up.

Devyn,

88888 Dihedral is our resident bot, not a human being. Nobody knows who
controls it, and why they are running it, but we are pretty certain that
it is a bot responding mechanically to keywords in people's posts.

It's a very clever bot, but still a bot. About one post in four is
meaningless jargon, the other three are relevant enough to fool people
into thinking that maybe it is a human being. It had me fooled for a long
time.

--
Steven