Stack Overflow bans Mats Peterson (was Re: ....)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jul 10 14:52:58 EDT 2013

On 7/10/2013 3:55 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
> A moderator who calls himself “animuson” on Stack Overflow doesn’t
> want to face the truth. He has deleted all my postings regarding Python
> regular expression matching being extremely slow compared to Perl.
> Additionally my account has been suspended for 7 days. Such a dickwad.

Your opinion of "animuson" is off-topic for this list.

StackOverflow is explicitly for technical questions with technical
answers. I believe opinions, languages comparisions, and flamebaits in
general are explicitly banned and subject to removal and possible
banning. So are subterfuges like phrasing banned topics as questions.

Given your behavior here, I am 90+% sure animuson's action was appropriate.

--
Terry Jan Reedy