Editor Ergonomics [was: Important features for editors]

jussij at zeusedit.com jussij at zeusedit.com
Mon Jul 8 01:34:46 EDT 2013

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 12:41:02 PM UTC+10, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I am not an ergonomic expert, but I understand that moving from mouse to
> keyboard actually helps prevent RSI, because it slows down the rate of
> keystrokes and uses different muscle groups.

After 20+ years of coding using the Brief keyboard mapping I have so far I've gotten by with no perceivable RSI.

On the half dozen occasions that I can recall experienced wrist pain, I remember the pain being worst when trying to interfacing with the mouse.

So at least for me the mouse does not help.