UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Fri Jul 5 10:11:20 EDT 2013

Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> writes:

> You're quoting from my error output, and that's caused because I don't
> have such an environment variable.  But you do.

Dave, maybe you already know, but that variable is "injected" by the CGI
mechanism, is not coming from the OP shell environment.

As Νίκος discovered, when he "cloudfare" (whatever that means) his site,
the REMOTE_HOST envvar contains some (I guess) latin-greek encoded
string, and the remote address is carried by a different envvar...

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.