UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Νίκος Gr33k nikos at superhost.gr
Fri Jul 5 07:05:07 EDT 2013

Στις 5/7/2013 1:59 μμ, ο/η Lele Gaifax έγραψε:
> Νίκος Gr33k <nikos at superhost.gr> writes:
>
>> Looks now when i print( repr(e)) i get
>>
>> UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'\xb6\xe3\xed\xf9\xf3
>>
>> but what string does it try to decode and jeeps failing?
>
> Reasonably it's the second one, as the first clearly seems the tag of
> the decoder that tried to translate it to Unicode.

2nd one of what? 2nd byte in order?
Can ou show me form which characters does this string consist of so we
migth have an idea of where its coming from if we know what it looks like?

> As already explained, your immediate goal should be trying to understand
> from *where* that byte string is coming. I can't help on that, sorry.

Thats what i'm trying to do.
If i completely remove the gethostbyaddr fucntion adds function then
there is nor problem.

The problem is recreating when the script tries to decode a hostname.

For some bizarre reason if i exclude my domain from CloudFlare then the
reverse DNS resolution of the visitors hostname would be returned properly.

I will do it right now for you to see.
--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!