UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Fri Jul 5 06:59:54 EDT 2013

Νίκος Gr33k <nikos at superhost.gr> writes:

> Looks now when i print( repr(e)) i get
>
> UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', b'\xb6\xe3\xed\xf9\xf3
>
> but what string does it try to decode and jeeps failing?

Reasonably it's the second one, as the first clearly seems the tag of
the decoder that tried to translate it to Unicode.

As already explained, your immediate goal should be trying to understand
from *where* that byte string is coming. I can't help on that, sorry.

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.