Python list code of conduct

Steve Simmons square.steve at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:51:38 EDT 2013

Erm,

It probably isn't the best time to start this post but I was wondering...

Does this list have a code of conduct or a netiqeutte (sp?) statement/requirement?

If not, should it?

Is the membership of this list presently in the right frame of mind to create one or update any existing one?

The reason I ask is that it seems to me that if we (the current membership of the list) could agree to a set of preferred/required behaviours we would at least have a framework by which to measure unwelcome posts.  And, more importantly, to guide newcomers in understanding that we are enthusiasts who choose to discuss Python and  *voluntarily* help solve problems with Python for the less experienced members.

[Runs for cover]

Steve Simmons

Sent from a Galaxy far far away