python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 10:37:00 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am guessing Chris (do correct me if wrong) that you are making a theoretical/hypothetical statement.  I guess your boss is not an asshole in matters of things like passwords so you are making a vacuous statement.
>
> [For those not familiar with the terminology: "A implies B is vacuously true, if A is 'grounded' to false. Then B can be anything wild]
>
> Speaking as one who has had to change jobs because of impossible bosses...

Speaking about my current boss, rusi's right that the situation will
never come up. He errs on the side of paranoia, not sloppiness. (And
before I criticize him for the paranoia, I remind myself of this[1]
PHDComics strip.) But if I had a boss who actually did that, then I
would say my piece, and then my continued employment would depend on
how he took it. If he accepts the criticism and moves on, then we look
to damage control; if not, then I look to getting a new job. I don't
think I would ever mind get fired for making that sort of statement -
if it gets me fired, I'm probably happier out of there anyway.

ChrisA

[1] http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=640 - start at
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=638 for context