python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:31:54 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 3:15:15 PM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> If my boss gave a random stranger from a mailing list the root
> password to one of our servers, I would say to his face that he had
> betrayed his (our) customers' trust. I would say it with strong
> emphasis and a raised tone, too, and no small heat. The words you
> quote above are perfectly factual and, in my opinion, business-like
> language.

I am guessing Chris (do correct me if wrong) that you are making a theoretical/hypothetical statement.  I guess your boss is not an asshole in matters of things like passwords so you are making a vacuous statement.

[For those not familiar with the terminology: "A implies B is vacuously true, if A is 'grounded' to false. Then B can be anything wild]

Speaking as one who has had to change jobs because of impossible bosses...