python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 13:01:23 EDT 2013

On 07/03/2013 08:12 AM, feedthetroll at gmx.de wrote:

> > May i cite:
>>> >>>
> > *************************************************************************
> > *************************************************************************
> > *************************************************************************
> > *************************************************************************

> > *************************************************************************
> > *************************************************************************
> > *************************************************************************
> > *************************************************************************
> > [emphasis added for those, who do not want to read the whole post]
> >
> > Any questions?

Yes.

If you tell someone you're going to beat them up but
they don't take you seriously because they are naive,
or they think you're kidding, or they don't understand
you because you told them in hints rather than directly,
is it ok to beat them up?

Are the existence of laws against beating people up
negated because you told them in advance?  Or negated
because they "deserve" the beating?

Does it make any difference if they contribute to
their own beating, say by showing up at a designated
place and time?

Does it make any difference if the beating is for
their own good?  (In the beater's opinion?)  (In
the majority opinion?)

Does it make any difference if there are ways other
than beating of communicating the message?  How long
and how hard should those alternate ways be tried
before resorting to beating?

I am sorry Mr/Ms. FeedTheTroll for being so dumb.
I know the answers to all these questions are obvious
to everyone else here but I am not sure about them.