python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 04:54:21 EDT 2013

Op 01-07-13 09:52, Νίκος schreef:
> Στις 1/7/2013 9:23 πμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγραψε:
>>> Enough is enough. Iam not a troll, neither incompetent. Period.
>>
>> No not period. You have by your behaviour made yourself a reputation
>> of being an incompetent inconsiderate jerk. You don't lose such a
>> repuation by simply claiming you are not.
>
> Being a newbie doesn't mean that i'm incompetent jerk.

That is true. You'll notice I don't judge all newbies as
incompetent jerks. Just you

> All i did was asking for help for issues i couldn't solve.
> That what everybody would do if he couldn't help himself solve something.

You can try to frame what you did as an innocent newbie asking
questions but that is not what happened. What happened is
that you started a project on which other people relied that was
way over your head. That makes you more than just a newbie
that makes you incompetent. When you then started to get into
trouble you didn't just ask questions, you almost demanded that
people would fix your problems for you, bumping a thread
within a few hours if you didn't get an answer within that time.
That and similar behaviour makes you a jerk.

> You on the other hand never care to reply to any of my questions(so it
> was in someway justified for you to say i didn't follow your advice),
> but instead you seem to be willing to judge endlessly for the help i
> receive from others.

I am not judging you for the you receive. I am judging you for
behaving liken an asshole and trying to deny it.

> You are continuously spamming the list and my threads with arguments
> of trolling or not trolling instead of being helpful.
>
> I as well as others are fed up seeing you post about me. Its over 2
> weeks now and you still fight of whether i'm trolling or not.

And it probably becomes
 longer. If you don't want this to fester,
you'd better stop denying that you were behaving like an
incompetent inconsiderate jerk. People can forget and forgive
jerky behaviour but they don't tend to when they see the
other denying he was behaving like a jerk. Because they then
expect more of that kind of behaviour.

> So shut your piehole and start proving yourself useful in this list.
> Or sod off.
> Preferably do the latter.

Oh we do have illusions of grandeur, don't we? You are in no position
to judge who is useful on this list or not.

--
Antoon Pardon