python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 02:37:13 EDT 2013

Op 30-06-13 23:57, Joshua Landau schreef:
> On 30 June 2013 20:58, Robert Kern<robert.kern at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 2013-06-30 18:24, Νίκος wrote:
>>>
>>> Στις 29/6/2013 8:00 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγραψε:

>>> Your mother is incompetent who raised a brat like you.
>>

>> That is not acceptable behavior on this list. Please keep the gratuitous
>> insults offlist.
>
> As much as you are right, this argument was started by Mark. If you
> reprimand anyone (other threads being ignored) it should be him.
> Reacting only to Nick, even though what Nick said was undue, implies
> that you agree with Mark's actions.

I don't agree Mark started this argument. That he gave a negative
appraisal of Nikos is not starting an argument in itself.

> Remember that Nick is as much a human as all of us, he is bound to
> have his feelings hurt when so many people pick on him -- whether they
> are justified or not.

So? Should we particularly care about Nikos's feelings? Nikos is not
the victim, he is the instigator. And should his feelings get hurt
when it is pointed out what picture people got from him through his
own behaviour, I say good. May that way he'll learn that if he doesn't
want to be considered an incompetent inconsiderate jerk, he shouldn't
behave like one.

--
Antoon Pardon