struggling with these problems

su29090 129km09 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:26:03 EST 2013

1.Given that  worst_offenders has been defined as a list with at least 6 elements, write a statement that defines  lesser_offenders to be a new list that contains all the elements from index 5 of  worst_offenders and beyond. Do not modify  worst_offenders .

I tried this but it didn't work:

lesser_offenders = worst_offenders[5:6]

2.Given a variable  temps that refers to a list, all of whose elements refer to values of type  float , representing temperature data, compute the average temperature and assign it to a variable named  avg_temp . Besides temps and  avg_temp , you may use two other variables --  k and  total .

I'm not sure about this one but this is what I have:

for k in range(len(temps)):
	total += temps[k]

avg_temp = total / len(temps)

3.Associate the sum of the non-negative values in the list  numbers with the variable  sum .

is it this:

for numbers in  sum:
if sum +=?

I'm confused at #3 the most

i'm not doing it in python 3.2.3 it's called Myprogramminglab.