Python to send Midi commands to iPad via USB

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 07:36:21 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM,  <mikprog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I am not lucky :-(
>
> $ aplaymidi -l
>  Port    Client name                      Port name
>  14:0    Midi Through                     Midi Through Port-0
>
> I get the same either the iPad is connected or not.
> So I guess is not recognized.
> Shame.
>
> I'll keep on investigating, hopefully without loosing any of my neurons.

Yeah, this is the bit where you have to poke around with iPad stuff.
They say "there's an app for that"; maybe there's a way to turn an
iPad into a USB MIDI device. I did a quick Google search for 'ipad usb
midi' and there seem to be some decent hits, so your luck mightn't
have completely run out yet.

ChrisA