The best, friendly and easy use Python Editor.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:42:37 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Leonard, Arah
<Arah.Leonard at bruker-axs.com> wrote:

>>> It's just a text file after all.
>>>

>> True indeed, let's not worry about trivial issues like indentation, mixing tabs and spaces or whatever.  Notepad anybody? :)
>>

> Hey, I didn't say Notepad was the *best* tool for the job, just that Python scripts are merely text files.
>
> Though, that said, I have used Notepad and Wordpad any number of times in the past to edit Python files, all without bringing the universe to an untimely end.  Even used DOS Edit once.  You use what you have at the time.  A good craftsman never blames the tools.  ;)

I've edited files using any number of poor tools, but that doesn't
mean I'd choose them for daily work. Blame your tools no, but choose
which ones you carry around on your belt. I have a couple of
special-purpose editors that absolutely *suck* for general work, but
have a specific feature that makes them good for one particular
situation... one editor has a 32KB limit, no spiffy features, and
sometimes mishandles line endings, but it edits files on my remote
server, and can sometimes work when SSHing isn't an option. But
there's no way I'd use that for any other purpose than remote editing.

ChrisA