pycache directories

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jan 22 01:01:44 EST 2013

On 1/21/2013 11:55 PM, monosij.forums at gmail.com wrote:
> I am doing some OO python3 where I am using multiple dirs/sub-dirs.
>
> So everything works fine, however when I run code __pycache__
> directories are being created in every directory touched by the
> execution.

This is much better than having multiple .pyc files in every directory,
as in Py2. You should soon learn to ignore them.

> Is it possible to set a configuration to be able to create these
> pycache directories in a specific location?

No. (I am very sure.) You can however, not have the .pyc files written,
but that means recompile with every run. So that option is meant for
running off a read-only medium.

--
Terry Jan Reedy