pycache directories

monosij.forums at gmail.com monosij.forums at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:55:05 EST 2013

I am doing some OO python3 where I am using multiple dirs/sub-dirs.

So everything works fine, however when I run code __pycache__ directories are being created in every directory touched by the execution.

Is it possible to set a configuration to be able to create these pycache directories in a specific location?

Coming from the Java world - am used to the /src, /bin aspects - so somewhat prefer the 'executables' out of the way.

I am using python3 on Ubuntu so wondering if there is some environ setting?

Thanks for your help.