Messing with the GC

Jens Thoms Toerring jt at toerring.de
Sun Jan 20 15:09:32 EST 2013

Hi,

    thank you for the explanations. I had overlooked the
cyclic nature of what I had produced here and, of course,
the GC can't be blamed for not collecting objects that are
part of a cycle. The other question about the last refe-
rence to an object vanishing within a method call (which,
as I now clearly understand, can't happen and wouldn't make
much sense) was triggered by a segmentation fault I get
when I do something similar in PySide, so I was getting
worried if it might be due to a GC issue. Now I know its
got to be something different;-)

                 Thanks and best regards, Jens
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___      jt at toerring.de