Sending a broadcast message using raw sockets

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:57:59 EST 2013

In fact, I have used scapy in the past, but I am working in a restricted environment and don't have this package available. It provides tones more than I really need anyway, and I figured a simple raw socket send/receive can't be *that* hard. I may have to reverse engineer some C code, such as dhclient...