Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:39:45 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ive a computer whose OS I wanted to upgrade without disturbing the
> existing setup. Decided to fit a new hard disk with a new OS.
> Installed the OS on a new hard disk, fitted the new hard disk into the
> old computer and rebooted.
>
> The messages that started coming were: New Hardware detected: monitor,
> mouse, network card etc etc. but not new disk!
>
> Strange! The only one thing new is not seen as new but all the old
> things are seen as new.

That's because you asked the OS to look at the computer, and the OS
was on the disk. So in that sense, you did give it a whole lot of new
hardware but not a new disk. However, Windows Product Activation would
probably have called that a new computer, meaning that Microsoft deems
it to be new. (I've no idea about other non-free systems. Free systems
don't care about new computer vs same computer, of course.)

ChrisA