Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:55:07 EST 2013

On 01/21/2013 08:00 AM, Ferrous Cranus wrote:
> Τη Δευτέρα, 21 Ιανουαρίου 2013 2:47:54 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Joel
> Goldstick έγραψε:
>> This is trolling Ferrous.  you are a troll.  Go away
>
> Just because you cannot answer my question that doesn't make me a
> troll you know.

It becomes trolling when you refuse to even try to understand the
answers you are given.  And you refuse to take the advise of many
knowledgeable people who have a lot more experience in web application
development than you do (I'm not including myself in this category).
You refuse to use a database in a way that it was designed to be used.
If you're unwilling to identify a file based on name, path, and
contents, then you're only solution is to use a database to associate a
particular file with an id.  When you move or rename the file you have
to update the database.  That's the only answer we can give you.  Asking
the same question over and over again on different threads is not going
to change this. This is the third thread you've started on essentially
the same question. And you're getting the same advice on each thread.
There's a reason for this!

It's apparent that you don't have a lot of background in computer
programming or algorithms.  That's okay.  No one will fault you for
this.  But if you're going to reject the solutions posed by those with
such background, then it behooves you to gain a bit of knowledge in
these areas and learn why these suggestions are going made.

I in no way intend anything I have said to be condescending.  It's just
that those who are honestly trying to help you are getting frustrated.
And possibly you will interpret this frustration as hostility or
elitism, which it really is not.