Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Ferrous Cranus nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:06:23 EST 2013

Τη Δευτέρα, 21 Ιανουαρίου 2013 11:31:24 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Chris Angelico έγραψε:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This python script acts upon websites other people use and
>
> > every html templates has been written by different methods(notepad++, dreamweaver, joomla).
>

> > Renames and  moves are performed, either by shell access or either by cPanel access by website owners.
>

> > That being said i have no control on HOW and WHEN users alter their html pages.
>

> Then I recommend investing in some magic. There's an old-established
>
> business JW Wells & Co, Family Sorcerers. They've a first-rate
>
> assortment of magic, and for raising a posthumous shade with effects
>
> that are comic, or tragic, there's no cheaper house in the trade! If
>
> anyone anything lacks, he'll find it all ready in stacks, if he'll
>
> only look in on the resident Djinn, number seventy, Simmery Axe!
>

> Seriously, you're asking for something that's beyond the power of
>
> humans or computers. You want to identify that something's the same
>
> file, without tracking the change or having any identifiable tag.
>
> That's a fundamentally impossible task.

No, it is difficult but not impossible.
It just cannot be done by tagging the file by:

1. filename
2. filepath
3. hash (math algorithm producing a string based on the file's contents)

We need another way to identify the file WITHOUT using the above attributes.