Uniquely identifying each & every html template

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:31:24 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> This python script acts upon websites other people use and
> every html templates has been written by different methods(notepad++, dreamweaver, joomla).
>
> Renames and  moves are performed, either by shell access or either by cPanel access by website owners.
>
> That being said i have no control on HOW and WHEN users alter their html pages.

Then I recommend investing in some magic. There's an old-established
business JW Wells & Co, Family Sorcerers. They've a first-rate
assortment of magic, and for raising a posthumous shade with effects
that are comic, or tragic, there's no cheaper house in the trade! If
anyone anything lacks, he'll find it all ready in stacks, if he'll
only look in on the resident Djinn, number seventy, Simmery Axe!

Seriously, you're asking for something that's beyond the power of
humans or computers. You want to identify that something's the same
file, without tracking the change or having any identifiable tag.
That's a fundamentally impossible task.

ChrisA