Can't seem to start on this

Mitya Sirenef msirenef at lightbird.net
Thu Jan 3 13:12:17 EST 2013

On 01/03/2013 07:53 AM, Kene Meniru wrote:
> Mitya Sirenef wrote:
 >

 >> So, how many instances do you want to make.. what kind of different
 >> functionality / properties they will have?
 >>
 >> - mitya
 >>

 > I am porting a modeling system I created using POV-Ray scene description
 > language available at sourceforge at
 > http://sourceforge.net/projects/kobldes/
 >
 > The user can create as many marks as possible (limited by memory
available).
 > The difference between each mark are the parameters provided i.e. name,
 > length, and position in the scene. If the user wishes to customize
part of
 > the program they must update the classes or create new ones before
using it
 > in the scene. File "A" in my previous illustrations can be considered
the
 > scene file.

I'm not familiar with POV-Ray. I want to note that with python standard
style, class names look like this: ClassName, instances look like this:
instance_name; it sounds like you want LMark to be an instance? Or you
want instances in A to use class naming style?

Second, is the LMark instance only used to perform one set of actions?
If that's the case, you can have users instantiate it in A and the
__init__ method will do the set of actions you need -- this will be just
as easy for the user as the alternative.

  -m