Django error tracebacks

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Wed Feb 27 12:31:16 EST 2013

I've been developing in Django for a while now and I often find that when
there is an exception in a view I'm working on, the error traceback screen
does not show the actual error; instead it claims the error occurred in
django itself (usually .../django/core/handlers/base.py).

Why is this?

(I'm using Django 1.3 instead of the current 1.4 version, but still, this
seems like a pretty basic thing to get wrong.)

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears