"Daemonizing" an application.

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:52:18 EST 2013

Le mercredi 27 février 2013 14:55:42 UTC+1, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :
> On 2/27/13 11:52 AM, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>
> > Hello,

[...]

> > Thanks in advance fo any pointer.
>

> You can have a look at Circus - https://circus.readthedocs.org which is
>
> a process manager.
>

> "circusctl" is used to control "circusd" using ZeroMQ
>

> The nice thing about zmq as opposed to signals is that you can code your
>
> thing independantly from the transport
>
> then choose which transport fits a situation: TPC (then the ctl can be
>
> on another box), IPC or even ITC
>

> That also means your ctl part can be portable to any platform

Hi Tarek,

Great stuff. Exactly what I was looking for. The various processes of my app already chat with each other using the great ZeroMQ power sockets. And can potentially be powered in as many physical servers since the shared persistent data are provided through SQLAlchemy + eXist-db.

I can read that Circus can monitor sockets too. Should I understand that I can monitor the state of ZMQ listening sockets with Circus too ?

Cheers
--
Gilles