Difference in RE between 3.2 and 3.3 (or Aaron Swartz memorial)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 26 11:25:21 EST 2013

On 2/21/2013 4:22 PM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> as my method to commemorate Aaron Swartz, I have decided to port his
> html2text to work fully with the latest python 3.3. After some time
> dealing with various bugs, I have now in my repo
> https://github.com/mcepl/html2text (branch python3) working solution
> which works all the way to python 3.2 (inclusive;
> https://travis-ci.org/mcepl/html2text). However, the last problem
> remains. This
>
> <li>Run this command:
> <li>?</li>
>
> should lead to
>
>    * Run this command:
>
>          ls -l *.html
>
>    * ?
>
> but it doesn’t. It leads to this (with python 3.3 only)
>
>      * Run this command:
>            ls -l *.html
>
>      * ?
>
> Does anybody know about something which changed in modules re or
> http://docs.python.org/3.3/whatsnew/changelog.html between 3.2 and 3.3, which could influence this script?

Search the changelob or 3.3 misc/News for items affecting those two
modules. There are at least 4.
http://docs.python.org/3.3/whatsnew/changelog.html

It is faintly possible that the switch from narrow/wide builds to
unified builds somehow affected that. Have you tested with 2.7/3.2 on
both narrow and wide unicode builds?

--
Terry Jan Reedy