Difference in RE between 3.2 and 3.3 (or Aaron Swartz memorial)

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 16:22:54 EST 2013

Hi,

as my method to commemorate Aaron Swartz, I have decided to port his
html2text to work fully with the latest python 3.3. After some time
dealing with various bugs, I have now in my repo
https://github.com/mcepl/html2text (branch python3) working solution
which works all the way to python 3.2 (inclusive;
https://travis-ci.org/mcepl/html2text). However, the last problem
remains. This

<li>Run this command:
<li>?</li>

should lead to

  * Run this command:

        ls -l *.html

  * ?

but it doesn’t. It leads to this (with python 3.3 only)

    * Run this command:
          ls -l *.html

    * ?

Does anybody know about something which changed in modules re or
html.parser between 3.2 and 3.3, which could influence this script?

Thanks,

Matěj Cepl