PyQT app accessible over network?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:57:46 EST 2013

Monte: I noticed you mentioned web2py; that would be my recommendation.

You also mention different features being available to different
users; perfect use-case for web2py's built-in RBAC.

Scalability: Go with Postgres, MySQL; or considering how much data
you're talking about, even SQLite would be a close enough fit!

Another advantage of sticking to the web that hasn't been mentioned so
far is agnostic interoperability.

E.g.: you can CRUD on your TV (e.g.: if it runs Android); or on your
phone (e.g.: if you use twitter-bootstrap; which web2py comes with out
of the box; but is usable in any framework)