Is there a graphical GUI builder?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:08:04 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM, PythonAB <python at rgbaz.eu> wrote:

> On 21 feb 2013, at 04:45, Michael Torrie wrote:
>
>> On 02/20/2013 12:44 AM, Steve Simmons wrote:
>>> 2. Qt isn't 'free' (depending on what you are going to be doing with it)
>>> - read the licensing rules.
>>
>> How so? It's LGPL. You can't get much freer than that.  Both in terms of
>> code and developer freedom, and proprietary freedom.
>
> well that can be discussed... (BSD, MIT, Apache, CDDL)

You can argue about which is the "best" license to use (I don't
personally like the GPL and LGPL, and don't use them on my creations),
but Steve's description that its free status depends on what you're
doing with it implies a fairly major violation of the principles of
software freedom, which I would expect *all* the popular open-source
licenses to be correct on.

ChrisA